Create iOS Styled Tooltip Toolbars Easily with Toolbar.js
If you are looking for iOS styled toolbars for any website, Toolbar.js is best. It’s a JQuery plugin which offers a very simple, yet decent way of creating tooltip style toolbars for use in web application and websites. The toolbar is easily customisable using the twitter bootstrap icons and provides flexibility around the toolbars display with number of icons.
Features of Toolbar.js
- Straightforward implementation with simple options
- Can run as many toolbars as required
- Toolbars can be attached to any element required
- Toobar icons are easily customised through the popular twitter bootstrap framework
- Toolbars are responsive and follow the element on resize
Usage of Toolbar.js
- <script src=“jquery.min.js”></script>
- <script src=“jquery.toolbar.js”></script>
Then we position the stylesheets for the toolbars and for the Bootstrap icons:
- <link href=“jquery.toolbar.css” rel=“stylesheet” />
- <link href=“bootstrap.icons.css” rel=“stylesheet” />
After above step we will define the toolbar itself, which could look like this:
- <div id=“user-toolbar-options”>
- <a href=“#”><i class=“icon-user”></i></a>
- <a href=“#”><i class=“icon-star”></i></a>
- <a href=“#”><i class=“icon-edit”></i></a>
- <a href=“#”><i class=“icon-delete”></i></a>
- <a href=“#”><i class=“icon-ban”></i></a>
As we see, that the icons are called with their respective classes from Bootstrap. The actions, that you want to be linked to the individual icon, have to be called through the element. The last task to perform is the connection of the toolbar to the element, which you want to trigger.
The options are the position of the bar, which can be above or below as well as left or right from the element, where above and below show a horizontal bar, while left or right lead to a vertical look.
The toolbar element definition:
- content: ‘#user-toolbar-options’,
- position: ‘top’
The above definition leads to the below screen:
1 Comment + Add Comment
Leave a comment
(You can, of course, unsubscribe at anytime).